ClamAV 0.98.7 Free Download
Freeware: This program is free software
The ClamAV is an open source AV especially used on mail scanning and mail servers and it is also cross platform.
The application is also available on Windows and can be used along side other antivirus solutions you may have installed on your computer.
Once installed, you are guided on a recommended configuration and the application will do its thing on an initial scanning.
No noticeable resources are used when scanning even if the process seems to be a bit slow. However the time compensates with the quality as everything is scanned in detail.
Clam AntiVirus is an open source (GPL) anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library. Here is a list of the main features:
- command-line scanner
- fast, multi-threaded daemon with support for on-access scanning
- milter interface for sendmail
- advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux® and FreeBSD®)
- virus database updated multiple times per day (see home page for total number of signatures)
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others
- built-in support for almost all mail file formats
- built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others.
No special requirements
Choose your download:
|clamav-0.98.7-x64.msi||msi||5.59MB||0.98.7||64 bits||Windows 8||Download|